Women's Leadership Conference
Arrive and Thrive as a Leader
Thursday, Nov 17th, 2022
9:00 - 3:00 pm
Chase Center on the Riverfront
About the WLC
The Women’s Leadership Conference provides a forum in which women in all levels of business can connect with resources, including educational and business opportunities, that inspire them to achieve success in professional and personal goals. Whether you are a seasoned entrepreneur or just starting out in your career, the Women’s Leadership Conference will empower you to take your career to the next level.
What to expect
• Educational Workshops and Panel Discussions
• Networking and Building Business Relationships
• Professional Development
• Keynote Luncheon & Awards Ceremony
• Exhibitor Showcase
EVP, Human Resources
Paula J. Swain joined Incyte in January 2002 and serves as Executive Vice President of Human Resources with additional responsibility for Facilities, and Environment, Health & Safety, and ESG reporting. Paula is also the Chair and Secretary of the Incyte Charitable Giving Foundation. Before joining the company, Paula spent nearly 10 years with DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company (acquired by Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in 2001) where she served as Vice President and Senior Vice President of Human Resources. She has also held human resource planning and employee relations positions with Chase Manhattan Bank, Marine Midland Bank, and Delaware Trust Company. Paula received her B.A. in psychology from Rockhurst University and graduated from the strategic human resources planning program at Harvard Business School.
Paula is very involved in the Delaware Community and serves on several non-profit boards. She serves as the Member at Large for the Cancer Support Community Delaware, is the Third Vice President for The Committee of 100, and the Board Chair for Kind to Kids. She is a past member of the Executive Compensation & Succession Planning Committee of ChristianaCare and currently serves on the Council of Advisors. Paula also serves on the Board of Delaware Bio, is a member of the Board of Investors for the Wilmington Alliance, and is on the Advisory Board of Fresh Start.
- Workshop 1: Networking for Success: 10AM-10:45AM Networking is an art. Whether introverted or extroverted, new to the workforce or experienced, you can master skills that inspire successful and meaningful connections.
- Workshop 2: You're in Charge, Now What?: 10AM-10:45AM You’re at the top professionally, so what’s next? Plenty! Learn tips to avoid becoming stagnant in your career.
- Workshop 3: Overcoming Ageism in the Workplace: 10AM-10:45AM This workshop will focus on the generation gap and its effect on the workplace. The key is to respect women of all ages and levels of experience to create rich and productive environments.
- Workshop 4: Work/Life Balance: The Real Deal: 11AM-11:45AM Hear from intergenerational women as they discuss how to balance life and work in these interesting times. This insightful panel discussion will discuss topics like setting boundaries, self-sufficiency, and over-commitment.
- Workshop 5: Your Best Worst: 11AM-11:45AM We generally learn from our mistakes, which is why the worst situations are often learning opportunities. Learn how managing your “worst” can lead to your best self.